Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Visit from the Fam

Yard-work @ the Raulerson's
After arriving on Friday, my family and I tackled the yard work while waiting for Preston to return from Kentucky. My dad got us a blower from Lowe's while he was here, so Carly got to work on the driveway and roof. Also on our list of chores was to remove the fig trees that had been trimmed once before, and since then had reached the roof-line again. Dad ended up with a new chain saw by the end of the day... and April with a few bumps and scratches. It may look like I didn't do much, but I got my work done early in the morning :) 





Monticello
We didn't make them work the whole time they were here... We headed towards Charlottesville on Sunday to visit Monticello. We enjoyed the house tour and strolling around the property, although it was pretty hot. Afterwards, we went to lunch at the Downtown Mall and stopped to see my classroom at Walker. My dad was enlightened and will probably end up in school next Fall term (so he says).



Washington DC
Monday we went shopping in the Richmond area and found some good buys for back-to-school clothes. It was probably my dad's favorite part of the trip -  ha! I had to head to Charlottesville for a school meeting and my parents were hard at work making Preston and I dinner. On Tuesday, we drove to DC to enjoy some sight-seeing. Carly had Georgetown Cupcakes on her agenda for quite some time, so we headed there first for some sweets. After gorging ourselves with cupcakes, we went to Arlington and then to the museums.











It was so nice having my family here for the week. My dad helped us with so many little projects, I don't know that we would have ever gotten them all done by ourselves! Hopefully they'll come back even though we made them work so hard. Now it's back to school and work for all of us :-/

1 comment:

  1. Rachee and Preston,

    Thanks for opening up your house to us. We enjoyed working in the yard and around the house and appreciate your hospitality. We can't wait for the next visit; although it won't be the same without the arduous task of removing the fig tree :)

    -Mom,Dad,Carly,April

    ReplyDelete